Civic Center FAQs
Is a reservation for specific hours of the day?
Each reservation is for that specific day from 8 AM - 12 AM.
Can I make a reservation and pay later?
No; a reservation can only be made with the deposit. The Rental Contract should be completed & submitted online and then the deposit is due immediately. The room/facility is not considered reserved until the deposit has been paid. The rental fee must be paid 30 days in advance of the event for all rooms except the Main Hall and Entire Facility, which requires payment 60 days in advance.
All payments can be made in-person at City Hall by cash, check, or credit/debit card.
Can I decorate before the event?
Civic Center policy is to allow access to decorate the day before the event takes place for a fee during the hours of 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM. If the Entire Facility is booked, the Civic Center will be available at no charge the day before to decorate. To guarantee the ability to decorate all rooms but the Entire Facility the day before an event, the room(s) should be booked according to the rental rates. Otherwise, the room(s) will still be available for rental. There will be a charge of $20.00 for each hour requested.
Set-up Fee Day Before A Booked Event (Entire Facility)
1. Lessor my have access to the Civic Center, for set-up only, at no charge from 8 am to 10 pm the day before a booked event if the entire Civic Center is rented.
2. If Lessor does not vacate the Civic Center by 10 pm during the complimentary set-up day, a fee of $20.00 per hour, minimum one hour, shall be deducted from the deposit.
3. If Lessor utilizes any rooms in the Civic Center during the complimentary set-up day for any reason other than set-up, the currently effective room rate will be required in advance of the event.
4. If an event is held in any Civic Center room during the complementary set-up period, the room rate applicable to space used shall be deducted from the deposit.
Set-up Fee Day Before (Main hall, or Main Hall/Expansion) or additional days before Entire Facility Rental (ex. Thursday for a Saturday event)
1. All day the day before a booked event (8 am to 10 pm ) - 50% of room rental fee.
2. Partial day the day before a booked event (12 Noon to 10 pm) - 25% of room rental fee.
Set-up Fee Day Before (Expansion Room, Duson Room, Myatt Room or Patio Area)
1. $20.00 per hour, minimum two hours.
2. $20.00 per each additional hour over the minimum shall be deducted from the deposit.
There will be no "FREE" use of the facility for any reason except for City related business functions.
How much notice do I need to reserve a space?
You can reserve a space whenever there is availability. If less than 30 days from the event date, deposit and rental fees must be paid in full. When reserving the Main Hall or Entire Facility, the deposit and fees must be paid 60 days in advance.
When will I get my deposit back?
Deposits will be refunded on the Thursday following the scheduled event assuming there are no damages.
The Deposit refund will be mailed to the address that is listed on the Rental Contract unless otherwise advised that the deposit is to be picked up in-person at City Hall.
Do I have to call the police department for every event?
Yes. You must contact the police department at least 5 days prior to the event. The police department will determine if security is required.
Where do I submit payments for Civic Center Rentals?
Payments for Civic Center Rentals can be made at City Hall, 315 E. Jackson St, El Campo, Texas 77437.
Can I reserve my event by telephone?
No; the Civic Center Rental Contract should be completed online. Before completed the Contract, please fully read the Civic Center Rules and Regulations and Civic Center Security Information. Deposit and rental payments must be paid in-person at City Hall, 315 E. Jackson St, El Campo, Texas.
You may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (979) 541-5000, option 2, to check on room/facility availability.
What if I have to cancel my event?
If the RENTER cancels a reservation of the Entire Facility or the Main Hall up to 15 days before the event, the security deposit and a 50% refund of the rental fee will be made. Cancellations made within 14 days of the event will result in refund of the security deposit, but no refund of the rental fee.
If RENTER cancels a reservation in the Other Rooms of the CIVIC CENTER 60 days or more in advance, a full refund of both deposit and rental fee will be given; up to 8 days before the event, the security deposit and a 50% refund will be made. Cancellations made within 7 days of the event will result in refund of the security deposit, but none of the rental fee. If a security deposit has been paid, but the rental fee has not been paid up to 8 days or within 7 days of the event, the security deposit will be forfeited. Reservations made with less than one-week notice may be subjected to limited set-ups.