Civic Center Security Information
YOU MUST CONTACT THE POLICE DEPARTMENT AT 979-543-5311 TO COORDINATE SECURITY A MINIMUM OF FIVE (5) DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR EVENT.
Security needs will be assessed for each event based on various factors. These factors include, but are not limited to:
1. Whether alcohol will be served.
2. Size of event.
3. Length of event.
4. Number of events scheduled at the same time.
Not all events will require security. If your event does require security, the following guidelines will be followed:
1. Minimum of two (2) officers per event.
2. One (1) or two (2) officers per 200 people attending event.
3. Events renting the Main Hall or the Entire Facility will be required to hire 4 – 6 officers depending on size of event.
4. Minimum of four (4) hours of security per event.
5. Security will cover the last four hours of event, unless additional security hours are required for special events.
6. The police department must receive payment seventy-two (72) hours in advance of the event. Cash only. You will be issued a receipt for your payment. If payment is not received, the Civic Center will not be unlocked for the event.
7. Security refund requires a forty-eight (48) hours cancellation notice.
8. All events end at midnight.
- The cost of security is $45/hour for each officer. Example: An event requiring two (2) officers for four (4) hours would cost $180/officer for a total cost of $360.
- The holiday security rate for observed City holidays, plus New Year’s Eve, is $90/hour for each officer.
1. If alcohol is present at a NON-ALCOHOL event, the event is subject to immediate cancellation.
2. Alcohol MAY NOT be brought onto the premises after 8 PM.