El Campo Volunteer Fire Department
The El Campo Volunteer Fire Department was chartered in 1908, and the first station was built in 1925. In 1973 the station moved to 220 Merchant, and was later remodeled in 1993. Spring 2017 the new state of the art Public Safety Building was completed and is now home to the El Campo Volunteer Fire Department.
In 2017, the El Campo Volunteer Fire Department has 40 active Firefighters, who respond to about 300 calls per year. The Fire Department has 3 Command (Chiefs) cars, 2 pumpers, 1 Tower Ladder, 1 Rescue Truck, 1 4000 gal tank truck, 2 booster pumpers, and 2 grass trucks.
Volunteer Fire Dept
1011 West Loop
El Campo, TX 77437
The Command structure and members are as follows:
Chaplin: Jimmy George Sr
The El Campo Volunteer Fire Department trains at least 4 hours a month with many Firefighters attending outside training and regional training.
Over the years the El Campo Volunteer Fire Department has been very active in Fire Prevention. During the first week of October, we go to the schools to teach fire prevention, which we feel has paid off in decreasing house fires.
The El Campo Volunteer Fire Department has been assisted over the years by a very dedicated organization, which spends countless hours in fundraisers and helping the Fire Department out where they are needed. This organization is the El Campo Volunteer Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary. The El Campo Volunteer Fire Department is very grateful for their contribution over the years.
El Campo Fire/EMS/Law Enforcement Explorer Crew 2887
Started in 1993, this group has been very dedicated to the Emergency services.